|Inspection / Examination / Etc.
|Cable Connector Tensile Tester Application Example|
- A cable with connectors attached at both ends is tested for tensile strength and is a successful example of how short stoppages (Choco-Tei: CT Effect) were reduced and shorter cycle times were achieved.
- One of the connectors is placed into an integrally formed fixture with a fixed base while the connector at the other end of the cable is placed into a fixture which is attached to the moveable slider of the actuator which performs the strength test.
- Previously, a worker used a spring and then an air cylinder but pulling the cable slowly was difficult. Stoppages that occurred due to pressure drops when the actuator was in mid-stroke totaled 30 minutes a day.
- When the air cylinder was replaced with the RCP4 ROBO cylinder, it is now possible to achieve a constant speed, go to the correct position, and pull the cable with the correct amount of force.
- The cycle time is reduced to 5.7 seconds without stoppages. As a result, production increased from 1,680 to 2,520 parts.
Reduction in Cycle Time/Choco Tei — CT Effects