Changing an air cylinder to ROBO Cylinder improved the cycle time for the solution application process.
|Papers /Films/Wires/Building Materials|
|Changing an air cylinder to ROBO Cylinder improved the cycle time for the solution application process – CT-Effects Application Example|
|[ Actuator ]|
- [Issues until now]– Air Cylinders were used to move the syringe to apply solution to the copper wires.
– Uneven amounts of solution were supplied to the felt when low speeds caused instability.
– In an attempt to fix the unevenness, the discharge amount was increased but became excessive. This caused failures that led to Choco Tei* in the process.
* Choco Tei = Stopping for a brief period, Idling in production line.
See brief video description.
- [Improvement Details]The ROBO Cylinder stabilized the movement of the syringe and fixed the unevenness.
- [Improvement Results]– Saved the amount of solution used
– Eliminated Choco Tei in the process
Cycle Time Improved:
Choco Tei Reduced:
Production has increased by motorizing the cleaning of cardboard printers with a pull-in roller
|Cleaning cardboard printers with a pull-in roller – CT-Effects Application Example|
|[ Actuator ]|
|ISWA-L (Dust proof Splash-Proof Single-Axis Robot Slider Type)
- [Issues until now]Since the brushing was done by hand, the following issues occurred in the cleaning process1) Incomplete cleaning due to the unevenness in the speed of the stroke of the brush
2) Incomplete cleaning due to the unevenness in the strength of the stroke of the brush.
Since the brushing was repeated numerous times until the printer was completely clean, a lot of time was spent on the cleaning process.
- [Improvement Details]The unevenness in the cleaning process was fixed by moving the brush at a constant speed. (The touch of the brush to the machine was also stabilized)
- [Improvement Results]The efficiency of the brushing process improved and the cleaning time became shorter.
Reduction in cleaning time (per day):
Reduced from 60min →10min
Production Time (per day):
12% increase from 420min →470min
Motorizing the feed process increased production, and significantly lowered electricity and labor costs.
|Cutting Cords to Variable Specified Lengths – CT-Effects Application Example|
|[ Robot/Electric Actuators ]|
- [Issues until now]
– Air cylinders were used to feed a cord to a specified length.
– It took time to manually adjust the stopper position each time the product type was changed. (About 5 minutes per changeover = 1 hour/day)
– It was difficult to cut the correct length, causing workers to repeatedly inspect and adjust the cutting.
- [Improved with Motorization]
– Manually adjusting the stopper position was totally eliminated. Adjustments are now done by entering the feed amount on a touch panel. Manual changeovers are a thing of the past.
– Using a value command function in the ROBO Cylinder made it easy to cut lengths of specified varieties. The manual labor for adjustments was significantly reduced.[Improvement Results]
– Production was increased from 7 hours per day to 8 hours.
– Reducing the number of steps also reduced labor costs.
|Reduced man-hours needed for:|
|– changeover time: 60 minutes/day
– cut inspection and adjustment time: 120 minutes/day
|→ Total of 3 hours/day|
– Labor Time of 3 hours/day (times 250 days/year)
– 3 hours X $10 X 250 days
|If labor costs $10/hour
→ Annual Savings of $7,500
*Exchange Rate: 1(USD)=100(Japanese Yen)
Electricity costs reduced with motorization
（Example) Work load: 3kg, Moving distance: 200m
Cycle time: 3 sec. One-day running time: 8 hours
Annual operation days: 250 days
Unit Price: (Air) $0.24/ｍ3 (Electric) $0.15/KWH
|〈 Annual Electricity Costs 〉Approximately 95% reduced|
(Cylinder inner diameter φ25mm)