New Product Released !
RCP5 ROBO Cylinder® with Battery-less Absolute Encoder as Standard Equipment
The RCP5 series actuator with battery-less absolute encoder, realizing the convenience of an absolute encoder along with the cost and simplicity of an incremental encoder
The battery-less absolute encoder is an innovative encoder requiring no hassle or cost of battery replacement or adjustment associated therewith (patent pending), as rotational position data is recognized by a combination of gears to make the battery, which has been a required component of any traditional absolute encoder, no longer necessary. This encoder is ideal for the automobile industry and other production facilities where many absolute type actuators are used.
Link to the Product Page for more information, and to Download PDF Catalog #: CJ0215-4A-UST-1-0814 (11 MB)
Production Amount per Day:
560 ⇒ 940 pieces: ⇒ Productivity Improvement of 68%
|Electronic Components / Applicator
|Adhesive Applicator – CT-Effects Application Example
|[ Robot/Electric Actuators ]
|[ Controllers ]
|RCP2-SA7C (2 axes)
An apparatus for applying an adhesive to the cover of lamp lights and an indicator light in the manufacturing of electronic components.
Z axis: ISB-MXL
Dispensing of the adhesive: RCP2-RA10C
[Problems of the air cylinder used]
- They were dispensing the adhesive by using the air cylinder. The dispensing rate was changed because the air pressure was unstable and the adhesive was interrupted or lumped.
- The viscosity of the adhesive changes under the conditions such as temperature, so that it took time to adjust the dispensing pressure.
- Defective parts were made when the adhesive that attached to the work parts formed adhesive strings that weren’t cut off after dispensing.
[Benefits of the electric actuator]
- The 45 seconds cycle time has been reduced to 30 seconds because the amount of adhesive dispensed always stayed stable.
- This enabled the supply of adhesive to be stable all day after trial testing each morning.
- The failure rate due to adhesive dispensing reduced to almost zero from about 10 pieces a day since they set movement to cut clean the dispensed adhesive. This movement was of the electric actuator in the vertical direction and the slide table.
[CT Effects – Reduction in Cycle Time/Choco Tei]
||Equipment with the air cylinder
||Equipment with the ROBO Cylinder
|Duration of Choco-Tei per event
||60 minutes / day
||60 minutes / day
|Production per day
||560 pieces (*1)
||940 pieces (*2)
(*1) When the air cylinder was used: (8 hours – 1 hour Choco-Tei) ÷ 45 seconds = 560 pieces per day
(*2) When the ROBO Cylinder was used: (8 hours – 10 minutes) ÷ 30 seconds = 940 pieces per day
See more IAI electric actuator application examples